Friday, September 28, 2012

Deep Breaths...

So we have come to the end of week 4 of my first Grad School class and I am really liking it. We have lab assignment that are due every Tuesday and reading due for Monday's lecture every week as well. Those have been keeping me pretty much busy all the time and leave little room for pleasure reading and writing. It also leaves little room for a social life or even sleep. Still, I don't think I would trade it for the world.

In addition to that, I am working on my first full length contract proposal for work. I'm working closely with a subject matter expert to get all the technical stuff right (since I know next to nothing about IT Security) and I'm at the point now where I have the entire proposal template done. All I needs now is for him to get back to me with his technical write-ups and then I can put the entire thing together. It isn't due until Oct 16th, so we have some time (which in this business is a HUGE luxury).

On top of ALL of that I've been getting all my posts ready for the Samhain Sirens month long blog for October which starts this Monday. I felt a little bad that I turned in my posts late but my brain was just not functioning at all these past few days except when it came to school and work. Last night though I was on a roll and got all the posts done, most of my homework and a bunch of work as well (since I took a half day yesterday to get my passport stuff all taken care of). I even took a 45 minute break and went to the gym to de-stress.

One thing I've always had problems with is spreading myself too thin. I take on too much and then I get stressed and other things fall to the wayside. Two things that I love that I NEVER want to fall to the wayside are my writing and my working out. Both are what keep me sane. So I'm still on track for my book to come out at the end of November and I'm still working on Dark Cell pt. 2 (working title Dark Hall). I'm also going to release a collection of short stories from my series "Deal with the Devil" which chronicles the lives of a vampire "family." My costume for Samhain/Halloween is even going to be the main character from that. Haven't hashed out the details yet, but I'm shooting for the end of October for the release through Kindle Direct Publishing on Amazon.

So yes, deep breaths, a couple work out breaks and a whole bunch of lists later, my sanity is back on track and I'm organized again!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl! I'm glad your making sure you still get time to do what you enjoy which is working out and writing. I cant wait to read your short stories I remember you telling me about them and how you hoped they could be published or something! So proud of you!!

Post a Comment