Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What Do You Do?

That is a very loaded question indeed and it's one that I have been asked a lot lately. Looking deep into myself I have come up with the singular answer of: I am a writer. This is in fact a true statement and somewhat all encompassing but it leaves out many key parts to what I "do."

When answering a question like this you have to first evaluate what this question actually means. Does "do" reference a job where you get paid, or perhaps a job that you don't get paid, or even a hobby that you enjoy but don't consider it a job. If looking at that, well I "do" a lot. But as far as paid job(s) are concerned I would still classify myself as a writer. What I enjoy doing and what keeps me sane is a completely different story. So to answer the questions this is what Samantha Curtin does:

I am a Technical Writer who writes contract proposals; I am a fiction writer who writes horror novels and short stories; I am a blogger who utilizes an Anthropology degree to focus on anthropological topics; I am a techy who is going to Grad School for Geospatial Information Science (GIS) to achieve the goal of either becoming both a Geospatial Analyst or a GIS Subject Matter Expert Technical Writer; I am a jock: who works out almost everyday and is what keeps the insanity under control. 

So now I pose the question to you: "What do you do?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment