Monday, August 27, 2012

The Time Has Come

Yes, I've had this song by The Chambers Brothers stuck in my head all day as I prepare to start my Grad School classes next week. For those of you who don't know I'm starting my Geospatial Information Science Program at the University of Maryland next Tuesday. GIS has been one of my passions for a while now and I am beyond lucky that my work is paying for part of my schooling.

This means that I will become a bit scarce on the internet (and in real life) in the coming 2.5 years as I juggle my full time job that is ramping up with part time Grad School. What this blog will probably turn into is a journey along with me through my Grad School activities and projects. Because of my interests most of the maps, databases, websites, etc that I will be creating through this program will be Anthropology related.

Along with that in the month of October I will be participating in a month long blog run by the Samhain Sirens. More details to come as we grow closer to that date but it's going to get pretty exciting on the blogosphere that month!

Also, some equally exciting news: my novel Summer's Hollow is officially going through the editing process right now by the immensely wonderful and talented Rosa Sophia! It will be finished with her edits by the end of October and then will go through the publishing process at Behind the Curtin Publications! I'm so happy that my baby that I have spent over 7 years of my life creating is finally going somewhere. Stay locked into my Facebook page and blog for news on a release date!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment